Friday, June 29, 2007
Only when I'm broke!
Well, I took the day off, went and played and the cable company decided they would make an effort to ensure that I wasn't able to be here. I got home to discover the internet was down--across the state! Eeeeeks! Well, thankfully, it's back up for the moment, so I'm going to do my shopping success squee while I can.
Yesterday I hit Half Price Books. Wasn't really looking for much, but I had promised a trip to the boy, so we went. Well, they had a lot of recent stock on the floor in boxes, and looking through those, I found one of Jennifer Skully's books, who had just done a workshop this month at the Romance Divas. I totally scored with three of hers! So much for "not looking".
Then today was a trip to Borders. I was looking for a book for the man. Found it! LOL He's happy. And I found a few more that I just had to have... LOL
So I scored Jennifer's latest It Must Be Magic, and several others, including a couple of Divas' books. Y'know, gotta share the love. So all total I got 8 books this week. Please don't tell the man...
Have a great weekend!
Tuesday, June 26, 2007
the fairness of war, must pass the torch at the end of this. So read, but proceed with
caution. You could be at the bottom!
Here are the rules:
A. Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves.
B. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed.
C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
1. I have two brothers, and I am the middle child.
2. I was in the National Honor Society for two years in High School.
3. I was fluent in Spanish for several years.
4. I wanted to be an international translator.
5. I only took one semester of accredited College.
6. I have a soft spot for real NY cheesecake.
7. I love the snow and cold weather.
8. My dad is a pool man and has been almost all of my life, however we've never owned a pool to call our own. OH! the injustice of it all!
Okay, now...As I rub my hands in evil glee, I tag Crystal, RG, Sonja, Cindy, Hannah, Tempest, Dana, AND Kissa! Don't hate me... much.. LOLOL
Sunday, June 24, 2007
|Your Travel Profile:|
You Are Very Well Traveled in the Southern United States (62%)
You Are Well Traveled in the Midwestern United States (50%)
You Are Somewhat Well Traveled in the Western United States (21%)
You Are Mostly Untraveled in Latin America (7%)
You Are Untraveled in Africa (0%)
You Are Untraveled in Asia (0%)
You Are Untraveled in Australia (0%)
You Are Untraveled in Canada (0%)
You Are Untraveled in Eastern Europe (0%)
You Are Untraveled in New Zealand (0%)
You Are Untraveled in Scandinavia (0%)
You Are Untraveled in Southern Europe (0%)
You Are Untraveled in Western Europe (0%)
You Are Untraveled in the Middle East (0%)
You Are Untraveled in the Northeastern United States (0%)
You Are Untraveled in the United Kingdom (0%)
Thursday, June 21, 2007
I was going to the grocery store this evening, accelarating on the access, and I blew an oil hose. I'm praying that's all it is. But I had a good while to think while I was waiting for the tow truck (Daddy Rule #1-Never drive a vehicle that has no oil). What if it had happened while I was in San Marcos, 20 minutes away? Or if Big J hadn't been home to call me that tow truck? ( I don't have a cell and haven't needed one in years)
The big problem? How much is this going to cost? And how much of THAT is going to hurt my conference expenses?
Well, I'm a little teary-eyed over the gesture. My man has me covered. He's making sure I AM going to conference and that even if the car is more than either of us think it will be, he will have the money to pay for it. (He also needs some crazy money for the days that I'm not home to cook and cater to him and the boy, so it's not all meant for me. Damn! Would make for some good Galleria money, right girls?)
I'm just upset that this happened. I did see oil in the drive when the truck dropped me off (Nice guy. Always use this shop in town), so it was only a matter of time apparently because the oil was not there this afternoon when I got home from the first leg of my shopping day.
But it never fails, right when you think you're almost safe. BAM!
And the world turns...
Tune in later for another episode of wacky weirdness, courtesy of yours truly.
1. They turn right when I know I told them left.
2. They die when they aren't suppose to, or they don't die when they should.
3. They get all mushy too early on in the story. *sigh*
4. Someone decides he needs a Cafe Latte and disappears for a few days OR weeks. I think they go and party with my muse. She refuses to give details.
5. They refuse my direction. Excuse me, but who is running the show here?
6. When I need them to be a little on the cool side, they are all sensitive.
7. If you haven't caught it yet, this against the men!
8. As for the women, they decide they have to look just right, and we all know how long that can take.
9. No one ever tells me up front what their motivation is. I have to figure it out on my own.
10. They drop little facets along the way, never actually explaining anything. Bread crumb trail anyone?
11. They keep me up to all hours when I should be asleep.
12. Characters are the most confuzzled group of people in my life. How anyone can understand them is beyond me.
13. Lastly, I couldn't write without them. Talk about a dependency issue!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
Tuesday, June 19, 2007
*waves* Hi Mom!
I'll post it again in the future, but I just got the final details so I thought I'd put them up.
- Borders Huebner Oaks Center
San Antonio, Texas
July 28th, 1-3p CST.
Click here for information and directions.
Sunday, June 17, 2007
Saturday, June 16, 2007
I'm relaunching my Newsletter! After almost a year, I'm getting it back up and running. It will be a once a month update on what's going on, my latest news, contests and other weirdness. Lots of weirdness
All you have to is sign onto my Yahoo News Group. Yep that's it! No tricks, and no spam. I have it set up as a newsletter distribution file on one of my email accounts, so after you sign up, that's it. But if you want to catch the occasional info and spontaneous announcments, you won't miss any of it!
So come and hang out with me for the latest!
Thursday, June 14, 2007
Monday, June 11, 2007
Samhain Publishing is looking to hire several motivated, organized people to fill additional positions of part-time (from 1 to 3 releases a month) content editor. The position includes reading submissions, writing acceptance/rejection letters and completing in-depth content edits. Pay is currently royalty based.
If you are interested in applying for the content editor position please email Angela James at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will send you out a position description as well as the first round content editor test (there are two rounds of testing).
Serious inquiries only, please.
Permission to forward granted.
|You Are Strawberry Ice Cream|
A bit shy and sensitive, you are sweet to the core.
You often find yourself on the outside looking in.
Insightful and pensive, you really understand how the world works.
You are most compatible with chocolate chip ice cream.