Pages

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Last night's gig

Last night I had an appearance at my local (very small) library. One of my readers showed up and we chatted for the hour. She is a riot! Made an otherwise boring sitch bearable and enjoyable.

When writers get in the slumps, we wonder if people out there are enjoying our books. We all do it. The reasons I write have changed over the years, although enjoyment and pleasure in doing the writing is still one of the top-most reasons, it is very nice to know that there are people out there who get my writing, who enjoy the stories, and want more. That's the kind of ecouragement that keeps us going during the hard times and dry spells, because self-gratification sometimes just doesn't cut the mustard.

So thank you to my readers. Y'all keep me going, even when you don't know you're doing it.


No comments: