Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Information regarding 1099's

If a publisher has not issued, or is denying you a 1099, then you can file a complaint on that publisher. As of February 17th, there are two ways to do it. You can call their offices at 1-800-829-4933 and request the Tax Fraud office to make a verbal complaint. Or you can go to and in the search bar type in Form 3949A. Fill this out and send it to the IRS.

This information is readily available through the IRS.

ETA: A 1099 is required if you earned more than $10.00 in royalty in the calendar year, and a publisher is required to report earnings if they earned more than $600.00 in that same calendar year.

See page 4, box (section) 2 for the direct information regarding this tax law.


Chelley said...

That's good to know.
I was gonna say, that's ok, I got people. But that only worked for my normal stuff. I will store your helpful tip for next year, cuz I WILL sell this year.

Linda Mooney said...

I'm going to ping back to your blog on my blog, Diana! This stuff is too important not to pass along!