Pages

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

This Week: In Diana's Head

diana's head The aftermath of Authors After Dark

Okay, I've made a few realizations. One, Kodak will never make a fortune off of me. I'm not a camera junkie. I took like two pictures and both are too dark to see. Second, I love meeting other authors and readers. I went total *squee**fan girl* over a few (you know who you are). Third, I'm going to make this my annual Get The Hell Out Of Dodge trip. Seriously. It was a fast weekend, but it was sooo much fun. So expect to see me again next year, because I'm going to be there.

There are some awesome photo albums out there already. One can be found on Kim's FB page, here, and they're all tagged too. She did a great job getting a bunch of us. Let me see if I can name everyone I got to meet for the first time.... *deep breath*

Joey Hill

Rosemary Laurey

Sunny

Jennifer Armintrout

Cat Johnson

Mima

Tilly Greene

Selena Illyria

Samantha Sommersby

Eliza Gayle

Judi Fennell

Stephanie Julian

Leigh Ellwood

Kayleigh Jamison

Teresa Noelle Roberts

Stella and Audra Price (and the happy ninja! LOL!)

Jacquelyn Frank

Mechele Armstrong

Jo Lynne Valerie

I also got to reconnect with Cathy Clamp of 'Sazi fame. :) My roomie was Linda Mooney, and all three of us are Texas gals! Now there was some southern fun!

Now don't you wish you could've been there? Guess what? We're doing it again next year! It'll be bigger and better and so much fun! You know you want to do it. So start planning now.

Why? Well here's the real reason: It's a chance to escape! Seriously, it was the first weekend I've had to myself in two years. I got to leave it all behind for a few days and I'm already ready to do it again. The food was awesome! There was a great party Saturday night and some really awesome panels (I did three). There were prizes galore, books, baskets, bags, candles, bath sets, stuffed animals, perfumes, chocolate, jewelry... And this was all to win or be drawn for door prizes!!! There were a ton of free books and the bookstore, which I was a total bad girl at. AND it's so much cheaper than just about anything and everything else out there.

So start planning on it (tentative dates are late September 2010, Thurs-Sun. See? It was so much fun we're adding a day!!). I'm going to be there. Are you?

No comments: