Pages

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

This Week: In Diana's Head

I did it again! I know, I know... I seriously need my head examined, but it's not MY fault! Seriously.

I have four releases in November. Two for me, and two for my evil twin. *sigh* Didn't I do this in the spring too? It feels vaguely deja vu-ish, like I did. I should know better. Apparently, I don't.

So that being said, I have a very full couple of months coming up. October is Authors After Dark in New York. Yay!!! I'm so nervous. I've never done anything this big as an "author". I've gone to RWA as an attendee, but um... I was on this side of the table. And had an absolute blast, but now people are going to want to take their picture with me. Cripes! When did that happen?! LOL

I'm really excited to be honest. Three days of frivolity, craziness and loads of good times. Panels, mini-events, the signing, and food. Thank goodness for that! I understand there's going to be a huge amount of goodies to be given away, free books, tons of AAD swag and a lot of the authors have pitched in with raffle baskets. There's no way anyone can leave without something. Just not gonna happen.

Then in November I have the last of my book signings. Right before Christmas. Did you know books make great Christmas gifts? What's better than a chance to escape reality for a gift? I've given book store gift cards to my best friend and her DH for years for Christmas. We're all total bookaholics.

In fact this year, I'm going to do something totally different. I'm going to be offering gift certificates for purchase of books. I'll have details in the next week or so. But basically, you'll purchase the certificate and it can either be done via email or snail mail, you give it to your best friend/buddy/favorite reading fanatic and they get a book for Christmas! How awesome is that? Have friends who prefer print? I'll ship. Have an avid ereader addict? Can cover that too. See? How easy is that? So, more coming soon on that.

The other thing on my brain this morning is how fast this year has flown by. Really. Did y'all catch the license plates because I totally missed them. It's already October, and we have *counts fingers* roughly eleven weeks until the end of the year, ten-ish until Christmas. Now, I'm not a huge proponent of New Year's resolutions, but I do usually have a plan, and right now, I think I'm on track for '10. I'm keeping busy, and come early next year, I'll be setting up a whole new schedule. It just blows my mind that it's already time to think about it. That's why time seems to go so fast when you're an adult. Because you're always looking ahead, to the next payday, the next month, the next big event. Living in the "now" is so wasted on the young.

So, for now, I'm going to think about today, and just enjoy the moment. I have enough looming in my future to keep me occupied for weeks to come.

Until next week....

1 comment:

Julia Phillips Smith said...

I agree - this year has evaporated. But I always assume that means I'm having fun... That's my story and I'm sticking to it.