Pages

Thursday, November 5, 2009

My AAD adventure

And let me tell you, AAD was an adventure. It was only the second con of any type I've attended and the first reader con for me. If you've never done something reader-centric, than this is something I recommend you do.

Why? Well to put it simply, it's the best way to actually get to meet so many at once, readers and authors. The readers I got to talk to amazed me with their interest and hunger to know what our "jobs" were like. The authors all had wonderful tales to tell about their characters, their stories, their ideas. It was very personal. Any and all questions were asked, nothing was sacred. Trust me there.

One of the best parts about the whole con was the energy. That's what sold me on it to do a repeat next year. I'm really looking forward to it. So I know I'm going to be repeating my adventure again. And I can't wait.

No comments: