Pages

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

This Week: In Diana's Head

diana's head This week is pretty simple. I'm covering the Fall Book Fair at the boy's elementary school. This makes my fifth semester to volunteer and I love doing it. I thought I'd share a few shots I managed (thankfully the camera actually worked).

IM000527 

This is the display before the kid invasion. By the end of the week, there will be huge gaping holes of complete sell-outs, which is wonderful. We have a very reader intense population at this school. Note the Star Wars signage. Huge with the kids.

 

IM000530 

For the younger sprouts there's the picture books, with some darling titles, new and old. Puff the Magic Dragon, Spongebob and Dora. A lot of them are educational fun reads too, like the Birds book on the corner, and a reptile book about snakes with live-shot photographs. Creepy stuff, but the kids eat it up!

 

IM000528   IM000529

I took a picture of this one because I thought the cover was cool. And here is a huge table of hardcover storybooks. These make great teacher gifts because they hold up.

 

IM000536

Aside from myself, there's other volunteers. This is Julie. Her son also goes to karate with the boy, so it's fun to see her at the Book Fairs. :)

 

IM000534  IM000533

Mrs. Fisher is one of the Librarian's at the school, and a real sweetheart. She makes the library fun, even for the adults. This parent was there bright and early, picking up a goody for their kiddo. So if your school does a book fair, I highly recommend volunteering for the week or even just a day or two. It's a crazy hectic fun time spent with the kids and it really help encourage their love of reading to see adults they know there too.

No comments: