Pages

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

This week: In Diana's Head

diana's head This last Saturday, me, the man and the boy (luckily the dog stayed behind) went to our first Monster Truck Rally/Tractor Pull.

And I have to tell you, I HAVE NEVER HEARD ANYTHING THAT LOUD IN MY LIFE! I was smart. I took earplugs but the boy and the man refused because they were "uncomfortable". Whatever. The man's already hard of hearing because he was in the Artillery in the Army. What's a few thousand decibles of roaring ethanol and moonshine? *wink*

I don't follow the circuit so it's hard to say what we were supposed to see, but what we did see was pretty awesome. A lot of older (1949 anyone ?) modified pickups, several hotrod tractors and the big trucks. And the boy got to ride in the Freakin' Huge SARGEANT SMASH. He loved that.

This guy was the Head honcho, so to speak, the crowd favorite:

100709

THE BARBARIAN!

We didn't stay the whole show. The boy was zonked by the end of the intermission, so we left around 10p. It probably went right up until about midnight or so. The final verdict? Would we do it again? I'd love to! The boy would do it too, in a heartbeat. The only thing I ask is to not do it in 23degree freezing weather. It wasn't cold in the arena, but it wasn't exactly warm either.

No comments: