Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

This Week: In Diana's Head

Flying horses and other oddities.

What? You mean you've never seen a pegasus? I have. *grin* Okay, so it's a statue on my desk, but so.... It's there, I can see it and it's gorgeous. But have you ever wondered just what might be out there that we can't see?

I mean, there's ghost chasers, people who swear they can speak to the dead, people who have seen or experienced the unexplainable. How much is real and how much is make believe? I honestly believe that there things we can't see, hear, or explain, but that's what makes us unique from say your average dog. Do you think dogs have spirits who haunt them? I can see it now... Lassie haunting. Okay, that's joke. But we perceive things in a much broader view, we believe we can see, experience and share those oddities, and others feel the same.

So where is today going?

What if there were shifter races among us? What if there were witches and vampires and things that do more than go bump in the night? Have you ever looked at someone and thought they would make the perfect "fill in the blank"?

I think in a way, it's part of why I write about so many of these fantastical beings. They not only intrigue me, but they pull me away from the mundane (you know, laundry, dishes, errands, life in general). I had a new story idea pop up over the weekend and the more I think I have no idea how or what to write about it, the harder it sticks in my brain, so sometime soon, I'm going to be experimenting with another book, I'm sure. I love the differences we find between our own characters and those of another author.

I think as a human race, we could adapt to having more than your average homosapien amongst us. We are a world of diversity and over the years no matter race, color, religion or location, we can come together for the average man.

What do you think? Could you deal with having a wolf shifter as a neighbor? What about a tiger shifter as a teacher, or a witch as a doctor (Yep, I went there. LOL) but in the medical sense. *wink* I can just seen a vampire as a bodyguard. Immeasurable strength and healing capabilities? Probably be a hell of a dancer too. LOL

So tell me what you think. I'm curious.

2 comments:

Highland Hussy said...

Hi, I'm Laurie (a buddy from paperbackswap) and I'm new here, but I totally agree :) I have soo looked at people and thought "wow, he could totally be a werewolf." you're too funny.
I hope you don't mind if I stop by your blog once in a while...I really enjoyed The Hanged Man, and look forward to reading more of your works!

Diana Castilleja said...

Hi, Laurie!

Nope, pull up a seat and make yourself comfy. Come by as often you like.

Thanks for letting me know you enjoyed THM! I'm glad you did. I haven't to PBS since before Christmas--had to go on hold to survive the holidays. *grin*