Pages

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Songs that stick.

black-white-notes You know what I mean. No matter how long it's been since you've heard it, you could name it in two, okay, realistically ten, notes. You love the melody, the rhythm, or the lyrics. There's something about it that just sticks.

So here's thirteen of my favs in no real order. Eclectic yes? LOL

I do have more but it's late here for me. Yeah, I know... I'm showing my age.

  1. Proud Mary - Tina Turner
  2. Fantasy - Aldo Nova
  3. Eye of the Tiger - Survivor
  4. All My Rowdy Friends - Hank Williams Jr.
  5. Marina Del Rey - George Strait
  6. Hole in the sky - Black Sabbath
  7. Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin
  8. If I could turn back time - Cher
  9. Vogue - Madonna
  10. Flashdance - Irene Cara
  11. Bad to the bone - George Thoroughgood
  12. Wonder Wall - Oasis
  13. Mama, I'm coming Home - Ozzy Osbourne

 

What about you? Got a song or two that is just classic for yourself? Tell!

6 comments:

Phoebe Jordan said...

Happy T13! Love your list very creative and I haven't listened to any of those songs before. I love almost all of Bon Jovi's songs and I'm mostly open to every type of music. Hope to see you at my 10th edition about Linda Lael Miller at Talk About My Favorite Authors blog.

Jennifer McKenzie said...

OMG!!! Aldo Nova! I haven't heard them in AGES!!!!!
Great list, Diana.

Paige Tyler said...

Cool list!

*hugs*
Paige

My TT is at http://paigetylertheauthor.blogspot.com/

R.G. ALEXANDER said...

Flashdance and Eye of the Tiger totally make me want to exercise! lol

Heather said...

Great list - I recognize at least half of those and, like you, can name them in the first few beats. Friends hate that I can do that. LOL

Nina Pierce said...

I've heard of most of them ... but don't go by me ... I'm music illiterate!

Happy T13!