Pages

Sunday, July 6, 2008

What I did in Fredericksburg...

Fredericksburg is an old settlement town and filled with gorgeous historical buildings and history forward from the mid to late 1800s, from cattle drives to the first cars. At  one of the museums we stopped at, they had a mammoth tusk that they'd found just north of the town. A beautiful town, filled with (slightly) overpriced stores and fun stops. One of the fun things was a straw cowboy hat for the boy. Not one of those red or blue trimmed 'kid's' hats, but a cowboy hat. LOL

One of the other things we bought was well, of course, Fredericksburg Fudge. Quite a bit of it actually. So creamy and rich. Very good stuff. I also bought some of these:

SunflowerSeedsAssorted_190pi Believe it or not, they are chocolate and candy coated Sunflower Seeds! Tasty things, although a bit on the small side. We bought peaches and some fresh veggies from one of the local stands. There's one practically on every corner too! From Stonewall to Fredericksburg, heading north. Just a LOT of them. LOL

Unfortunately we didn't get to walk around quite as much as I'd have liked. The boy got bored "shopping" pretty quick. *sigh* So I want to go again, maybe with a friend or two to check out the leather shops (gorgeous purses) or the knick-knack shops. And I'd like to get to more of the museums. We only stopped at one and while it was cool to see so much, I was hoping for a bit more.

I did pick up some pamphlets for the B&B's in town. Maybe I can talk the man into going down for a weekend and actually visiting the town right. LOL One can always hope.

So that's pretty much how I spent my day. Now I'm home and I have laundry-oh the fun! (Note the sarcasm. It's there.)

5 comments:

Desirée Lee said...

Exploring history, shopping and eating fudge? I'm officially jealous.

Carpe Noctem,
Des


Desirée Lee
Putting the Romance Back in Necromancy
http://www.desireelee.com
des@desireelee.com

Linda Mooney said...

Hey, I'm up for the trip! Just let me know! LOL!

Ever been to Blanco? Very similar, only without the Nimitz museum. Go there during their Christmas celebration on the square.

Scifibookcat said...

It sounds like great fun. I've seen the candy coated sunflower seeds for sale at Borders Books of all places, but haven't tried them yet.

Grace Tyler said...

Fun trip, great mom! I need to do something with my kids so I can feel like we've done something this summer.

I'm ready to be unemployed again, LOL.

Judith Rochelle said...

Hey Dine, We hang outin Fredericksburg all the time. Love the candy store. And the museums are a great place to learn about Texas. They've opened a lot of new stores in the past year and each one gets better and better. Check out The Christmas Store when the holiday season gets here. And have you been to Wwildseed Farms? They have seeds for just about every kind of flower you can imagine. Oh, and if you want to drive a little further, about ten miles back toward Boerne is Luckenbach, real treasure where on any given day you can find local pickers and singers entertaining for free and drink ice cold Lone Stars.